Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kai the Barbarian

Just a quick note for today. My son, Kai, made me proud on the soccer field last Saturday. He isn't the fastest or the most skilled on the team, but during the game he showed why he is the toughest. After reminder after reminder to get tough and aggressive, Kai has been an animal on the soccer field lately. He said the difference in his performance is that he isn't 'scared' of the soccer ball anymore. Never has there been more evidence of that when last Saturday he took a big fat soccer ball to the face and neck from a booming kick. Not only did he not slow down or stop to cry, he kept running after the ball!!! With tears streaming down his face, he continued to run with the pack of wild children. After a few minutes he subbed out and gave me a big Hi-5 and an even bigger hug. He didn't want to show me that it hurt, even when it did. Way to go Kai, I'm proud of you.

1 comment: