Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Gosh Dang You Half Japanese Girls

Well my wife and two oldest are off in Japan - Okinawa to be exact. They're visiting friends and exploring the foreign universe that is tropical Japan. My wife is half Japanese and has been dying to visit her best friend who married a Navy Oral Surgeon - now stationed in Okinawa. I'm sad I'm not with them. Buying stuff, playing sports and even going to Laker games hasn't filled the void. Another reason I'm glad they are part of my life and routine. It has made me rethink the concept of work and how much of this I'm supposed to do till I go crazy and explode. A two week vacation is stuff of legend for orthodontists (or most professionals/small business owners). "Who will manage the shop?" comes to mind. I'm really happy that work has been great and we can afford to do these trips, but I'm hoping I'm on the next one. Miss you guys. Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment